Monday, February 2, 2009

22 Things to Remember from my 22nd year of life:

· The 2 for 22 party.
· MRSA and boils
· Dating a boy I definitely can say without hesitation that I loved. and Breaking up with him, and dating him and then breaking up and then becoming really close friends, then a month long fight in the summer, then really making up and then being one of my best friends and then losing him again.
· Valentines Day – The Mile of Meet where single women can walk up and down the street that is lined with single men and take down their numbers, read their profiles and hopefully make a connection…. And me getting/giving my number to the HOST of the party… not any of the participating men. Nice.
· Valentines Day – Going to Rock bottom with Jared and Pouch because it was a Thursday- and hence starting the year long tradition of going EVERY possible Thursday. I’m sad that that tradition is dying – and secretly I still go in hopes that he’ll show up again. But I’m getting tired of it and maybe it’s time to give up hoping.
· Meeting friends and being so happy that I had a group of people to go out with and drink with. And then realizing that I’m clearly not as good a judge of character as I thought… and losing those friends.
· Finding new friends who have shown me for the first time in all of my life the meaning of true, self-less, sacrificing, unconditional friendship.
· The start of the Blog (Blob) and the sisterhood.
· The year of weddings, and doing hair and make up and photos for weddings. And realizing that I wish I could do it all at weddings – plan, hair, make up, photographer.
· That one amazing, terrifying, electrifying, incredible, breathtaking, unforgettable night, and the ones that followed.
· Having someone to dance with me in the rain and hold me on a swinging bench, cradling me and us sharing the most intimate memories while crying with me and kissing my forehead. And feeling more loved in that moment than ever before.
· The Christmas from hell including rotten pineapples, me getting really hurt, storming out of the house, and nearly cutting myself off from the family. It’s mostly funny now- but sad then
· Meeting my mom for lunches with grandma, including seeing Mama Mia and having my grandma yell slut in the middle of a crowded theater.
· Graduating College with a dual degree, on time and being able to study abroad. I’m proud of myself.
· Working at what I thought was the best job on the planet and having it ruin my self-esteem, my mental health, my physical health and my future. Then being unemployed, sears and now First Sealord Surety.
· The worst new years eve of my life – and how I lost one of my best friends and it has torn me apart ever since.
· Starting my own business, Kara Loomis Photography. And remembering the joy that a camera brings me, and remembering the awakening of… something that it has brought me. A feeling of independence, terror, joy, excitement, anxiety and happiness.
· Learning that trusting God is so hard- but when you do- blessings are ever increasing in number.
· I got Zuri, my baby kitty, this year. She has cost me money, annoyance and messes sometimes- but I love that cat like no other.
· Having my own room and bathroom and my first ever king sized bed- which I can’t begin to tell you has brought me joy. I’m most sad to let that go- but it’s all good and all needed.
· My sister getting engaged and me being able to be her maid of honor.
· Getting to know myself and who I am – and realizing that I AM one of the strongest people I know. I have flaws, and I have greatness, but all in all- I’m a pretty damn good little package. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment